Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From waht I ahve read so far, it seems like you need to run at least 4 1/4 in the rear to keep the tire far enough away from the leaf. Looking at offset wheels and found a set that are: Fronts are 15x5. Rear wheels are 15x7 with 5" backspace... with stock suspension will this work or is there too much backspacing?

·
Premium Member
4,125 Posts
From waht I ahve read so far, it seems like you need to run at least 4 1/4 in the rear to keep the tire far enough away from the leaf. Looking at offset wheels and found a set that are: Fronts are 15x5. Rear wheels are 15x7 with 5" backspace... with stock suspension will this work or is there too much backspacing?
The 5" BS worked on my '63 BARELY! I have multi leafs and the front clamp would rub every so often, in hard cornering. If your running a mono leaf you ought to be okay, but every car is slightly different. You'll need to measure to be sure.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I think 5" is a little much but it depends on what size tire your going to run. You can always run a 1/2" spacer and get the ideal 15x7 with 4.5" for the rear. When in doubt buy a wheel rite.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts