Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I had some plating done on my window frames, unfortunately I did not take enough photos, so I sure could use some advice.

There appears to be a piece missing on my rear quarter frame where the vertical seal installs - the seal separates the front window frame from the rear quarter frame.

Does anyone know what the part is I’m missing? Some sort of seal guide??:turn:

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
window guide

I just went and looked at my wifes old 63 Nova and it appears that the rubber is encased in a metal frame that goes inside the chrome section. It looks like it is part of the rubber and I wonder if it comes with the new rubber seal or you have to pry it out. Will check further.

Just looked up Steele Rubber Products and the same piece comes with a metal framework on it with the rubber attached. It is more expensive but the other ones I found do not have the metal frame. I guess they think you can pry the old one off without difficulty. Not easy to do without destroying it. This is why yours does not fit as the metal frame is gone and you have only the rubber. Check out Steele Rubber they have alot of this stuff but it is expensive as hell. The guy who has been doing custom window frames and rubber seal replacement told me that Steele is the best and lasts the longest. All of their stuff is ready to snap in place and have the necessary metal frame. The others do not. It is around 800.00 to do the rubber on the sides of the car windows and doors.
Good luck as I am just ordering my stuff.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Vertical seal

Thank you for the quick reply, I contacted Rubber Steele and spoke with Terry and the metal described in their part is not the chrome piece/vertical guide that I think I’m missing.

I guess I’m off to the swap meet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts