Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After installing a new lock cyl and thinking the latch was properly adjusted it's now stuck closed into the striker I imagine. The button is no help because it's flat so I screwed the latch adjustment up. The door won't pry open so what's next. I'm thinking I have to cut into the new glove box cardboard insert to pry the latch free, then buy a new one..It all seemed simple doing the install..

Any ideas how to get the door open to re-do the striker latch again with out destroying the glove box liner... Glad I wasn't a surgeon...Bob

·
Premium Member
4,615 Posts
you can remove the hinge nuts from the bottom of the dash , and push the hinge up , maybe it will come out that way

·
Registered
214 Posts
glove box

Hi is there any spring tension on the cylinder? Can you put the key in it and turn it? It might be locked. If you have to cut the cardboard if you cant get it open there might be a cut out in there already in the back might be tight area to work in though or cut it close to the glove box door if you do want to save it. there not much money Don't pry on it you won't break the glove box/dash

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
latch

yes, the door will come off once the nuts are removed, set the latch up with the cardboard out, you can look right up the see where it needs to be located.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glove Box Door issue-Finally resolved-Removed the door-Removed the striker cutting it down to 1/2 it's width and now clicks shut and opens smoothly. Don't know why a stock striker wouldn't work but that's done for now.

I wanted to end this so guys won't waste there time trying to help. Thanks all..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts