Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone else here has problems with the interior of thier cars getting hot while driving due to the fenderwell headers? Mine gets so hot that I don't even want to drive it. If anyone has had this problem, how did you correct it? Thanks!

Rich.

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
Mine gets hot.
After driving it for some time the floors get hot too and make my shoes toasty. Its hard to work on the car after its been running because the fenders heat up too. You might try some header wrap and see if that helps, I was thinking about giving it a try.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
i have FW on my 66 and never really noticed it being hot anywhere on the floor boards. never really checked only cause it never bothered me, so they could have been i just never really noticed. do have carpet & stuff or metal floorbaords...??

LIL JOHN

·
Premium Member
1,845 Posts
This was my 64. Maybe try insulating the floor first even though mine was not, I did not have that kind of heat problem. The wrap is hard to make look nice.

·
Premium Member
4,176 Posts
I had jethot coat mine helped some. Put air on the car helped me a lot.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the ideas guys. I am seriously considering going with A/C!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wish that was my problem! Mine does not have heat...well regular heat. It is discouraging me from driving it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sweet, thanks for the reply's. I am going to look into the dynomat extreme.

·
Premium Member
4,176 Posts
I have the dynomat extreme on mine. Sorry did not think to tell you sooner been so long since I put it in I forgot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts