Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had this car for the past three years and have finally decided to take the plunge and drop a V8 in her. I picked up a built 327 out of a 67 Chevelle. The plan is to rebuild and replace suspension and steering and to upgrade drum brakes to power

Attachments

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I got the right side suspension torn out and then noticed that the left skirt had some pretty serious rot on it. I was able to locate a NOS replacement on ebay.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found issues on the inside of the fender when I pulled it off so I decided to pull the right side fender off too. When I got it off I found rot on the Right skirt also. At that point I made the decision to replace the front clip with a CPP Mustang II IFS system. There was significant rot on the RH outer cowl panel too. I ordered one from GM classics. I'm still waiting for it to arrive. In the meantime I've purchased a tig weld cutter and will be working on getting the old panel off. I also found damage on the firewall to the right of the upper skirt mount. I'm hoping to get a better idea what that looks like when I get the cowl panel off.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I got the cowl panel removed and ended up having to replace the shoulder panel. When I started the build I was going to do all the work myself. Sanity prevailed and I decided to have someone who knew what they were doing replace the panels and fix the firewall.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found some more rust on the driver side when I pulled the front seat. There is also a spot on the passenger side at the front seat mount where someone did a pretty crappy patch. The rest of the floorboard looks pretty good. My sheet metal man wants to wait to do anything with it until I get it up on the rotisserie so he can assess exactly what he needs to do with the floor. I purchased a used rotisserie and hope to get it the car on it soon. Having difficulty getting the rear end out right now.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts