Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I've been scaning these posts since I got the old girl a year ago, and now I really need some advice. Been wanting to improve her stance - just lift her "tush" a little. She looks meek, but she's got a 350 small block, and I just want her to look a little bit more like how she feels.
Hubby says new shocks to give her a one inch lift. I can't imagine one inch is really going to give her any noticeable style. I'm thinking maybe 3 or 4 inches will give her that noticeable forward tilt.
Any suggestions?
Thank you,
Granny Mordor

PS - sorry the picture is SO huge!:eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Nova SS
3,602 Posts
Welcome aboard, shocks will not change anything, you need new shackles on the back of the springs to raise the body, nice looking car I wouldn't change a thing.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hi Granny, Your car looks great the way it is. I don't know how long you own the car if you raise it...it will be sloppy in turns more wear and tear on the front end and you will lose some power from off the line due to the pitch of the car. The straighter the drive line the better the power transfer. I hope that helps...besides with that stance you leave them guessing as you blow them away. I never asked stock front end/suspension?

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Welcome to the site.. You have a very clean looking 64..!

I’ll make a suggestion here that I wouldn’t usually make but it seems like you have a bit of a difference of opinions about the stance Granny should have. In the name of diplomacy I suggest installing an set of air shocks on the rear and then you can both have it your way.. Air up the shocks when you want to jack up the rear and air down when the ol man wants to drive Granny in sleeper mode.. This is probably the simplest suspension solution I’ve ever offered advice on but I believe it is the right prescription for Granny’s attitude adjustment..:D

Another means to ad rake to the stance would be to stagger the tire sizes.. Smaller/lower profile tires up front, taller tires in the rear. This would be a more committed attitude adjustment remedy..

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
welcome to the nova site. your car looks fine just the way it sits. like nova thug said, go with the air shocks an see how you like that. the flatter they sit the better they handle. enjoy the cruise.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Welcome to the site.. You have a very clean looking 64..!

I’ll make a suggestion here that I wouldn’t usually make but it seems like you have a bit of a difference of opinions about the stance Granny should have. In the name of diplomacy I suggest installing an set of air shocks on the rear and then you can both have it your way.. Air up the shocks when you want to jack up the rear and air down when the ol man wants to drive Granny in sleeper mode.. This is probably the simplest suspension solution I’ve ever offered advice on but I believe it is the right prescription for Granny’s attitude adjustment..:D

Another means to ad rake to the stance would be to stagger the tire sizes.. Smaller/lower profile tires up front, taller tires in the rear. This would be a more committed attitude adjustment remedy..
Very well put and great advise. Very easy to install air shocks and you can always go back to stock or any number of other directions if you choose. I say bottoms up!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts