Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the heater core today and had trouble with a screw on the heater box. It's the one under the blower motor casing.

Is there an easy way to get to it? Should I have removed the blower motor assembly? Does the casing even come off?

Any way, after about an hour turning the screw a micron at a time, I got it in.

Thanks,
Rob

·
Premium Member
4,607 Posts
yea :yes: the easiest way is to remove the heater assembly :yes:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I did remove the heater box from the car. Here is a pic off the web, not mine. The screw in question is under the round motor casing. Can that casing be removed to get to the screw? Maybe that's what you meant. It didn't look like it would come off. Guess I should have looked better. Oh well, it's back together now and I shouldn't have to mess with it for 10 years or so.

heater.jpg

Rob

·
Premium Member
4,607 Posts
no that part does not come off , maybe the screw was installed wrong before , I believe it should screw in from the other side

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can't get to it from the other side. Also the large hole, that the screw would not screw in to is on the top side.

Here is a pic showing where the screw is.

I wonder if the blower motor is pulled, there is a hole in the casing that allows access?

heater_LI.jpg

Rob

·
Vendor
1,846 Posts
The heater core enclosure with its three parts gets screwed together first, then the blower motor enclosure attached. You work your way out from the core box basically. No screws should be hard to get to. Heater box should be fully assembled before reinstalling in the car.

I always use a nut driver for assembly to prevent over-torquing.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was back together before reinstalling and the test drive went perfectly.

So what I missed was removing the outlined piece. That would have made it easier.

Thanks for the replies.

heater_LI (2).jpg

Rob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts