Chevy Nova Forum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
UPDATE! IT DONT FIT!!!!

After 3 days struggling, trying to get the LM7 with a Camaro pan to fit the Gcomp we went death wheel......and that didn't work either.

Pan still hits the banjo fittings on the PS rack. Speedways adapter kit didn't do Shinola.

Another board member has my same EXACT setup, something changed. I suspect the motor mounts are incorrect.
@speedwaymotors tech department is awesome, too bad they don't weild the ability to ship a $100 part for free.

End rant. F*©k Biden.

The rack is not movable side 2 side, and the right side PS banjo is a playing card away from the frame.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
You ever messed up a 1, One, Uno piece rear main seal? Me too, ordered the correct alignment tools and everything, still dicked it up. 💰😳

HEY! I consider myself more of a wheel man but just happen to own wrenches! LOL

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
So did they send you the wrong motor mounts? I wonder what the rack is out of ? TCI uses a mid 80’s T-Bird rack and all the fittings come out the top which is nice, I know it doesn’t help you. Hope ya get it sorted out.
I don't think they sent the wrong mounts. I am using Speedways mounting kit and Energy Suspension 3 hole mounts. The rack is apparently unique to this kit and is from Unisteer.

Speedway has agreed so send some weld in universal mounts for free. So I will need to disassemble the front end and cut out the old mounts then weld the new ones back in. It sucks for sure but it is what it is.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Rebob, my reply didn't post. I got it fixed. Had to pie cut the motor mounts, notch the crossmember to allow the R&P to rotate aft, trim the 5.3 block and pan, narrow a R&P pillow block, and use the adjustable motor plates with the Energy Suspension motor mounts.

They said it's a bolt in......Suck it Trebeck.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Seems like something ain’t right.. Why wouldn’t their rack fit the crossmember and why wouldn’t the engine just bolt in..? This is certainly not an exotic engine combination..

·
Registered
63 SS 350/700R4
51 Posts
The pie cuts have made the mount higher but wider? It looks as if the adapter plates and motor mounts are not flat against the motor in the pictures as the frame mounts are possibly to wide?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I too agree with everyone, I ordered this kit 1 year ago but am just getting around to installing it. Not much recourse but to make things work.

On to the next headache!!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Together for the first time, probably not the last time! At this rate I need to install the AC system!

@rebob you made your own ac compressor bracket right? Wanna make another one??!! 🤣

·
Registered
436 Posts
That $uck$, was that the only solution they had ? I think their runnin an LS in their 65 ?
No LS in their '65, it was a big SBC.. just checked and found in link below- they used a Blueprint 454 SBC.

That sucks about the issues... I 'want to like' the g comp kit but anytime I looked into it or tried to price it out it was like need this random thing and this other thing, and heard about some fitment issues. They need to get their "kit" (Schitt) together better and figured out for the main 2 powerplants- LS and SBC... shouldn't have to be moddin stuff like that at this point.

Anyways good work, keep it up!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Well, this 255/55/18 Nitto ain't tucking no plumbs. Could move the axle back with the 4 link, or runn a different rear tire set-up.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts