Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fans of Steve, welcome to my endless money hungry Nova update, comments are welcome!

Bought the car a year ago from a guy out in Hemet California. Was a non original 327 4spd car that drove like ass. I have since installed a narrowed 8.8 and some buckets. Plan is to go broke making my version of a daily Pro Touring car. On to some photos, right.

$400 junkyard LS

Used rebuilt T56

Out with that hideous 60's rear steer!

In with Speedway GComp

Hoping to use this to document the process and also for advice. More to follow

·
Registered
5 Posts
I like the gold and the black. What LS did you pick up? You won't regret the T56 choice!

Question for you, could you take a couple simple measurements off of your G comp frame if you wouldn't mind? I'm looking for the distance I've shown in the picture in green mark ups - from the front edge of the down tube mounting flange to the front of the frame rail. Also looking for the measurement of how far back that threaded hole is from the front of the frame rail.

Any help is appreciated!

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like the gold and the black. What LS did you pick up? You won't regret the T56 choice!

Question for you, could you take a couple simple measurements off of your G comp frame if you wouldn't mind? I'm looking for the distance I've shown in the picture in green mark ups - from the front edge of the down tube mounting flange to the front of the frame rail. Also looking for the measurement of how far back that threaded hole is from the front of the frame rail.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks all.
3 7/8" and the hole is 1/2" back. I am using a junkyard LM7 and installed a Summit 8706 cam and springs in it, using Holley Terminator X. Sooner or later it will get a single turbo to spice things up.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Nice combo of parts going in your ride. The Gcomp or TCI PT would be my pick for a full clip car. I have that same camshaft coming in the mail right now with a big Ol' S480 turbo- but those are for another project. Good luck with the build :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks all.
3 7/8" and the hole is 1/2" back. I am using a junkyard LM7 and installed a Summit 8706 cam and springs in it, using Holley Terminator X. Sooner or later it will get a single turbo to spice things up.
Appreciate it!

Can't beat a 5.3 for value, nor can you beat the Holly. Excited to watch for your updates.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
4.8 & 5.3s are more plentiful and not as sought after. If you’re looking for a complete package engine/transmission with ecm and harness then it will be a bit more.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Keep an eye out for auto dismantlers, they often have entire buildings filled with cheap tested engines. And you don't have to pull it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
So the steering column finally arrived. The 1" DD column to first coupler was a MF'er, but she is dimpled and on. McLeod clutch master kit is tits so far.
Next is cutting the floor for the T56, also need to figure out my manual brake master.....Sweet Mfg steering wheel disconnect and Lokar pedal on order.
$200 for just a damn gas pedal, I must be stupid and lazy. :LOL:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts