Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best way to take out my gauge cluster assembly in my 64? It is a four speed car, so has no automatic indicator mounted on the steering column. I am talking about the bezel and clear plastic as well. Thanks in advance as always.

·
Premium Member
1965 2door HT Helena, GA 31037
1,626 Posts
You may have to drop the steering column down for clearance. I can't remember exactly since I took mine out 10 years ago.
Here is a conversation that might help. There is a photo in the conversation of the four screw locations. Do not lose the
top two screws. They are unique.

·
Registered
63 SS
967 Posts
Correct, you have to drop the column (2 nuts hold it up) and there are four screws that hold the cluster in place. Don’t forget to remove the speedo cable and the oil pressure line (if you’re running one) first.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Correct, you have to drop the column (2 nuts hold it up) and there are four screws that hold the cluster in place. Don’t forget to remove the speedo cable and the oil pressure line (if you’re running one) first.
Thanks, guys.......... does the steering colunm have to drop very far??

·
Registered
932 Posts
Thanks, guys.......... does the steering colunm have to drop very far??
just enough so you can get the cluster out without breaking or scratching anything--you'll see when you get into it.

have done it without dropping the column, but it was tricky and not worth the time trying to be super careful.

-Rusty

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just enough so you can get the cluster out without breaking or scratching anything--you'll see when you get into it.

have done it without dropping the column, but it was tricky and not worth the time trying to be super careful.

-Rusty
Sounds great................ thanks to all!!

·
Registered
63 SS
967 Posts
I let the steering wheel rest on the seat. You don’t have to remove anything from the lower part of the column, just the two nuts that bolt up the column to the under dash.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts