Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where i can find the alignment specs for my 64 i have searched forums and can`t seem to find them i am going to take my 64 into the shop for alignment and wanted to take specs along with me just in case.

thanks,

·
Registered
996 Posts
i don't have the specs, but if the alignment shop doesn't have them i would find a different shop.
the shop i worked at had a fat book full of specs.
i wrote down the first gen specs, but lost the paper.

·
Premium Member
2,238 Posts
this is what Brian(NOGO) gave me:)
Here are some specs:

Camber: 0 deg R and L

Caster: 2.0 deg R and 1.5 deg L (You can increase caster a bit if you have the front tire clearance, but I recommend a bit more on the right than the left to compensate for road crown)

Toe: .1 deg total toe in

·
Vendor
4,056 Posts
this is what Brian(NOGO) gave me:)
Here are some specs:

Camber: 0 deg R and L

Caster: 2.0 deg R and 1.5 deg L (You can increase caster a bit if you have the front tire clearance, but I recommend a bit more on the right than the left to compensate for road crown)

Toe: .1 deg total toe in
I have notice a couple of shops using the extra caster because of road crown before..............what about if the roads have differing amounts of crown or no crown at all? Does this have effect on things?

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
1/2 degree has been the standard here in California for our roads.It seems to work out about right.No matter what you do it can pull on some road surfaces.

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
Here is what Chevy 2 Only has up on its website regarding stock alignment specs:

"1/4 degrees positive camber both sides 1 to 1 1/2 positive caster, no more than 1/4 degree difference side to side set toe to "0" or 1/64 out. It may take 2 hours to get the above spec but you must adhere to it to make it right!"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts