Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. I’m looking for some help with setting a price point on my 1964 Pontiac Acadian Invader. I’m having a hell of a time finding some comps with this car. They made only 1325 of these cars so I guess it makes sense I can’t find any. It’s got a gen 1 Chevy 350 with a th350 trans. It had a complete restoration in the early 1990s from what I was told when I bought it 5+ yrs ago. It’s really clean, no rust, nice enough to take to car shows but not enough to win any. Could use a little paint work to really make it nice. Just trying to get a feel on what I should sell this thing for. Thanks. Pics are a few yrs old so little things here and there have changed for the better from what you see.

·
13,703 Posts
Unfortunately, the rarity and low production of Acadians offers little or no value advantage when it comes time to sell. The only exception would be the 1966 L79. The best comp you can use is a comparable 1964 Chevy II 100 series 2 door sedan.

Even if this car was stock and had all the original Acadian trim, grill, etc. it probably would not change the value very much. Over the years, Acadians have been a tough sell in the U.S. and haven't done much better in Canada, even though production numbers were so low. This looks like a great car. Best of luck in selling it. You never know when just the right buyer might come along.

Bob

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately, the rarity and low production of Acadians offers little or no value advantage when it comes time to sell. The only exception would be the 1966 L79. The best comp you can use is a comparable 1964 Chevy II 100 series 2 door sedan.

Even if this car was stock and had all the original Acadian trim, grill, etc. it probably would not change the value very much. Over the years, Acadians have been a tough sell in the U.S. and haven't done much better in Canada, even though production numbers were so low. This looks like a great car. Best of luck in selling it. You never know when just the right buyer might come along.

Bob
I appreciate your thoughts. Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i just bought a 63 last week. i liked the rarity, no one else has one!!!
Nice! I’ve had a blast with mine. Throws everyone off from my area. Only selling to restore a 55 bel-air that’s been in the family since 55 Otherwise I would not sell it.

·
13,703 Posts
Lots of Acadians in my life. My parents had a '63 Acadian Beaumont 4 door and a '66 Canso 4 door. My brother had a '64 Invader 2 door sedan. I had a '62 Acadian Beaumont convertible with the rare bucket seat option. That one got away on me with much regret. Still looking for it.

Bob

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
I really dig those taillights. I know you need to sell to help restore the 55, but I feel like the way our cars are trending...pandemic and economies issues barring...the value will be more in a few years but you need to do what you need to do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts