Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My question is if I need it or not. I have a 64 wagon that will have two tone paint job. Upper paint will go down to fender/ door body line ridge. I won't be using roof rail moldings, the lip will be painted. The pillar area is stripped and looks rough (assume lead to metal bonding) and what appears skin line on upper jamb. Has anyone done the following:

A) use the pillar trim and paint it
B) don't use and try to fill rough area where trim would be, any concerns with water rushing in.

I've seen few pics of wagons without pillar trim just didn't know hat it all entailed. Appreciate any input!

·
Vendor
1,762 Posts
You run the risk of it leaking in that area, since the channel is designed to guide water away from there.

The 100 Series sedans & wagons used painted A-pillar trim, so that would be an option for keeping the functionality in place and not having the stainless look (I have a pair or two if interested). You can also paint the stainless, but it has to be prepped real well so the paint material sticks.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was unaware they were available in painted version. what is best way to get ahold of you through number listed below?

·
Vendor
1,762 Posts
Call or PM, either is fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts