Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In Bend, OR:

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/cto/d/64-nova-factory-v8-4-speed-car/6764871756.html

Don't know why it's in L.A. Craigslist. Looks to be a genuine factory 4-speed, but absolutely all of the stuff that would make it valuable as a 4-speed 283 car is missing. Sigh. Even the floor on the driver's side has some interesting wrinkles that can only come from abuse to the underside of the car.

I posted the ad for those members who want to see how a '64 floor hump is different from '65, '66, '67. One of the shots posted is a decent shot of the hump, and it looks different from later years. Rare car, but it would take a lot to bring her back to factory.

·
Super Moderator
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Boy those are some nice floors.You dont often see them that solid.
True, but if you look at the ad, the floors have been crumpled a bit close to the tunnel and under the driver's seat on driver's side. I'm quite the computer idiot, so thanks 3j3j3j for the photo.

·
Vendor
1,761 Posts
Boy those are some nice floors.You dont often see them that solid.
That area of Oregon is pretty dry, almost high desert. Cars fare pretty well on that side of the Cascades. Lots of Novas in the Bend area as well.

That would be a fun car put back together stock, but yeah, big $ project. Unfortunate.

·
Super Moderator
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Love that year. Had a lot of Novas over the years, but the biggest regret for sale is a '64 100 series I had. Light, fast, no frills, flawless body and original 4-speed car.

This seems a good candidate for a sleeper. Try the 327 trick to a 174 283 block and make a quiet quick car that looked bone stock. I'll try the owner to see if we can learn the cowl tag.

·
13,690 Posts
I'll try the owner to see if we can learn the cowl tag.
The model number should be 437 for a 1964 sport coupe. Not much doubt this was a V/8, but can't tell from the VIN or cowl tag in '64. Too bad the engine and transmission are long gone. If somebody has a 283 and 4 speed sitting in their shop and the ability to put everything back together, it would be a unique, fun car.

Bob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts