Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for help. I have a 78,000 wagon I am doing over and am ready to paint the interior. When I took off the door panels, you can see that the interior color is darker than the exterior. Anybody have a recent paint code for saddle tan? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
4,480 Posts
Man, oh man, Craig. I know that's the original information, but a ton of choices there. Almost pays to match a chip up to the paint on the car. Getting interior colors correct with the correct sheen takes a lot of extra effort.

·
14,654 Posts
Yes, this is tough. Saddle Tan was the only interior sheet metal color for Nova 400 models with Saddle Tan exteriors. Should be the same, except many of the interior surfaces, even though the same color, are reduced gloss resulting in a different shade. Any paint that wasn't 100% flat seemed to be called gloss by GM in this era. Using flattening agent they would reduce the gloss from 100. The interior colors listed above are gloss 60, which I assume is 60% of full gloss. From what I've read, the measure of flattening agent wasn't always consistent. We see the inconsistency in color shade differences in glove box doors and ash tray lids which were painted separately from the rest of the interior sheet metal. Spectrophotometers can match paint perfectly if you can find a painter who has one.

Ditzler PPG code for Saddle Tan is 22269. GM code WA3111. Chevy II RPO order code 932.

Bob

·
6,673 Posts
I wasn't going original color with mine. In fact the PO had gone blue with the interior and had Chevelle bucket seats in it. I like the saddle color much better with the dark blue color. I took a material sample of the color to a Dulux paint store and they scanned it. They sold me some water base paint with no shine but not a flat color. Just the right amount of sheen in my opinion. It spray on pretty good with thinning it a bit with water. Been on there for three years now and no problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts