Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I just got finished installing my TCI front and rear setup. Everything is working great, but somewhere along the way, I lost all the power to my tailgate window. I have looked at the wiring diagrams, but I can't seem to find where the power source is coming from.

I have unplugged the switch, and there is no power to it at all. There are two red wires that supply power to the switch and then a gray (I think) and a yellow that carry power to the window motor. The wires disappear into the cowl and I am having trouble tracing them.

So, in a factory wiring harness, where is the circuit breaker located? Where does the power come from? One of the diagrams I saw showed a 40 amp circuit breaker, but I can't seem to find it. I am pretty sure I didn't break or cut any wires.

I didn't change any wiring, except to extend the alternator harness to the passenger side. Any ideas?

·
Registered
788 Posts
The circuit breaker is located

under the drivers kick panel. It could surely be your problem. If you look in a shop manual, I think you will see it is directly wired to battery voltage. Seems to me I remember it at the starter, black wire.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts