Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
3,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Folks,

I have a complete 1963 heater box assembly that I attempted to install in the '65 assuming it was the same (poor assumption). There are significant differences regarding the positioning of the blower studs and offset regarding the firewall. The good news is that the blower motor and it's housing bolts directly to the remainder of the heater box.

Question: If I am able to locate a 1965 blower motor and housing, can I then bolt that to the 63 heater box and expect it to fit with the firewall arrangement? (It looks like it would). Or would I need to source an entire '65 heater box assembly with blower motor?

Thanks folks - below are a couple pix of the '63 vs later (perhaps 64 or 65+) blowers.

Cheers, Tim

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
As I posted before onyour post in the wanted sections again 62-63 the studs are on the motor assy, 64-65 the mounting studs are welded to the heater case, cut the studs of the 63 motor case? or call john Piccola and buy the right one ....

·
Banned
3,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hi Joe,

I "borrowed" the second photo from another thread.

The only reason I was concerned about just buying the blower motor housing is because of the offset from the blower motor hole in the firewall (relative to the heater core pipes).

And I really don't want to go the choppy choppy route on a complete '63 heater box (in part because I have a '63) .... so I'm buying a '64 box for the '65 and swapping out the heater core.

Thanks as always to all that have helped!!! NPHNP!!:yes:

Cheers, Tim

As I posted before onyour post in the wanted sections again 62-63 the studs are on the motor assy, 64-65 the mounting studs are welded to the heater case, cut the studs of the 63 motor case? or call john Piccola and buy the right one ....

That last picture you posted shows a replacement Blower motor assy...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts