Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any pointers on swapping out the Turn signal switch on a 63?? I have not had to swap one of these out for 20yrs..lol

·
Premium Member
4,600 Posts
I just did one ..it wasn't that bad :yes:no real tricks just make sure you feed the harness properly .
when you pull out the old one out tie on some string ,to use as a pull string for the new harness makes things much eisier to "fish" the wires through ,
tie the string to the new haness and stagger the connectors one behind the other (if that makes sense) and tape together so when you pull ,nothing hangs up.
Craig

·
Premium Member
7,437 Posts
You can also remove the upper & lower mast jackets with relative ease which makes the harness/connectors alot easier to feed through.....

·
Premium Member
4,045 Posts
You can also remove the upper & lower mast jackets with relative ease which makes the harness/connectors alot easier to feed through.....
Yeah...Got that little tip from Tony..Worked great, very easy fix..Just remember to tighten up the column support..And don't play rough with the wiring...take your time...Thanks to a few members here...I have my blinkers and horn working great.....

·
Registered
46 Posts
Not to hijack the thread or anything, buy does anyone know if there was more than one turn signal switch model for the 64? I ordered one from Autozone and it is definitely not the right switch, the holes don't line up. Had a salvage yard pull one for me, and again it was the wrong switch. Was there a difference in the early 64's and the end of year 64's?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts