Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have had the car for almost five months now. Was gonna be a quick re-wire and new rubber on the rear and get it inspected and drive it for the summer and the tear into it this winter. Many dollars have passed to either make the car safer or more reliable. Still havent driven it yet.:bored: At the moment I am replacing the brakes and front steering. decided to go with Churchboys Racing for the rack conversion. Very nice quality. Here lies the problem, as I take the old parts off I am notice that I would really like to replace the front subframe with a new or used one in really good shape. Is there such a thing as a new front subframe? Not looking for an aftermarket subframe, I would like to keep it mostly original.

·
Registered
6,794 Posts
you will not find a new one, but with everyone buying front clips you should be able to find a good used one. whats wrong with yours??

·
Registered
906 Posts
i got a used 63 and a 66 front subframe sitting on the side of the house with just minor surface rust,shipping would be to much to ship that far
don

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you will not find a new one, but with everyone buying front clips you should be able to find a good used one. whats wrong with yours??
Looks as though it has had front end damage. Cant confirm it but I assume the underside of the frame should be relatively flat / smooth. Then again I am probably being to critical.

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
I'd say look into the CPP mini-subframe kit. Although you would like to keep it mostly stock, this is a great upgrade and greatly improves the handling and feel. It's the best "bang for the buck".

·
Vendor
4,070 Posts
So I have had the car for almost five months now. Was gonna be a quick re-wire and new rubber on the rear and get it inspected and drive it for the summer and the tear into it this winter. Many dollars have passed to either make the car safer or more reliable. Still havent driven it yet.:bored: At the moment I am replacing the brakes and front steering. decided to go with Churchboys Racing for the rack conversion. Very nice quality. Here lies the problem, as I take the old parts off I am notice that I would really like to replace the front subframe with a new or used one in really good shape. Is there such a thing as a new front subframe? Not looking for an aftermarket subframe, I would like to keep it mostly original.
I'd say look into the CPP mini-subframe kit. Although you would like to keep it mostly stock, this is a great upgrade and greatly improves the handling and feel. It's the best "bang for the buck".

He already has our tubular lowers, I think he is looking for a cleaner subframe to work with.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts