Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the shifter ball look like on a 63 ss conert auto power glide . . its missing and have no idea what it looks like . was told a small white ball ?? any pics ? thanks .

·
13,693 Posts
When I bought my 63 SS convertible in 1991 it was all original and the shifter ball was/is black. I have seen others with black, too. I don't have my assembly manual with me here in Palm Desert, but I believe it shows two part numbers for these balls...one black and one white. My interior is black. Anybody got a black interior with white ball they know is original?

Bob

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well thats somthing to look into. i thuoght they where all white . so yes my intr is black . and i would like it to be correct . . lets here from the guru's on this . where can i get an assembly manual ? thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
shifter knob color...

My '64 SS was all original when I purchased the car 3yrs ago. It has a black interior and a white shift knob. Hope this helps. Chub

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
That was the one that was used to make a reproduced one made in USA of course! I have a order in for a couple dozen with in a week or so JM:D

·
13,693 Posts
Hey guys, in an earlier post in this thread I mentioned my '63 SS convertible had a black PG shifter ball that I'm 99.9% sure is original. Here's another '63 SS on Ebay with a black ball. I have at least one pic at home (I'm on vacation at present) of another '63 SS similarly equipped. I don't think these cars all got Corvette replacement black shifter balls. I believe both white and black PG shifter balls were used. If the ball is missing I don't know of anyway to determine whether it was black or white originally.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1963-Chevrolet-Nova-SS-Convertible-/221186447213?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item337fbd576d

Bob

1 - 18 of 18 Posts