Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/cto/3309796557.html

Seems to be in fair condition, certainly worthy of a restore. Appears to be real SS, but since they are so easy to clone/fake, you would need to verify by looking at all of the clues. V8 conversion suggest some molesting has occured and the pictures suggest some body work at some point in its 50 year life. I don't like the fact the rear window is out - trunk may be a fishing pond. If I had the space and time I would jump on this, but would not offer much more than $5K.

Ron

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
I totally agree....

No more than 5K

Would be better to see it in person than taking judgement to see the actual condition of the car..

Seeing the tell tale signs of being an real SS ( or it was made into one by someone else other than the factory ) ....

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Looks good from the pictures, have to check it out in person to look for rust etc.

A little over priced in my opinion! :yes: :yes:

·
13,802 Posts
Looks like a real SS with a V/8 swap. No SS emblem on the trunk, but all the other SS trim appears to be there. The SS option would be coded on the cowl tag. You'd need to get underneath the car to really determine how solid it is.

Bob

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree, from the few pics it appears to be real SS. The factory shifter floor pan section is a good sign, as is the existence of the oil pressure line with grommet in the right location. I can not see the ampmeter wire grommet, but believe I make out the wires coming into the front harness. I doubt its current parking spot has been its home for very long. I also agree a complete underbody inspection is in order, as with any first gen, before the value can be determined.

Looked up the seller's location on google maps. Its a lot closer to Dalls/FW than OK City. Thats good news for the sheet metal if it lived its life in this dryer climate.

Because of its location, for grins I sent the link to Gas Monkey Garage. Seems to be the kind of condition they like to work with. Be cool to see them do a 1st Gen Nova, especially a 63 SS Vert. :turn:

Ron

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
I LIKE IT! I WISH I COULD'VE STARTED FROM THERE! :yes:
ALL ORIGINAL=:no:
SS CAR=:yes:

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think it needs a longer upper rad hose;);)
Its additional cooling surface area for when temps get high using that leaky radiator. A couple of hose loops would be nifty :eek: detail I have not yet seen done.

I like the crushed Sprite liter bottle. Must have been a Dealer installed option. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts