Chevy Nova Forum banner
301 - 309 of 309 Posts

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
5,667 Posts
Hi Dave ............................ would that be th' "White race car = 292 " . . . ? ? ?

( I'm watching ) .

. . . jim

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
Yes, the Glen Self "Big 6" car.
Dave ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I'm here & watching , for sure . That IS a Very cool picture . . . !

. . . .
jim

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
Here's a thought : you should send that picture to 'Glen & Kevin Self' . . . . .
I'm sure they have more good info , or , just may have lost that shot ...................... or .........................
not even know that "the ol' car is still around" .

Self Racing

Dave ................... , just thinking .

jim

then , a Self Racing Engine . . . sticker . . . would be very cool .
( I wonder if they sell those ) .

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #307 ·
Here's a thought : you should send that picture to 'Glen & Kevin Self' . . . . .
I'm sure they have more good info , or , just may have lost that shot ...................... or .........................
not even know that "the ol' car is still around" .

Self Racing

Dave ................... , just thinking .

jim

then , a Self Racing Engine . . . sticker . . . would be very cool .
( I wonder if they sell those ) .
Jim, I don't see a pic? But, I have been talking to Glen every couple of weeks to get more information on the car for the restoration. I'll post a page, like the red car, as I start working on the car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Pretty amazing job of documenting your journey, and kudos for doing such an incredible job on the build! I bought my little 6 cyl. 1970 Chevy Nova 2 dr back in 1998 for $450.00 and drove it home.
Then I bought a reciprocating saw, a compressor and a welder, sat down on my garage floor with some steel angle iron and learned how to weld. Next I bought 2 mandrel bent 2" x 3" x .083 wall universal frame rails from Jegs and proceeded to build me a full rolling chassis with a very narrow Ford 9", home made 4 link with AVO coilovers, Wilwood 4wdb, a Camaro Z-28 front subframe with Lakewood drag shocks and Moroso trick springs. Set the body on the chassis and added 40" wheel tubs, steel trunk and floor kit, an Aluminum wing I fabbed for the trunk, wheelie bars and a parachute pack along with a 10 pt cage and 2 glass bucket seats with 5 pt harnesses. Painted it with 22 cans of Rustoleum Sunburst Yellow, blacked out all the trim and hood, and in 2001 I finally rolled it out of the garage and drove it for the first time. Made quite a ruckus in my neighborhood with a 13:1 gear driven 468" full roller motor, full manual T400, 3500 stall B&M Holeshot converter, Richmond 4:88 gears, a 31 spline Detroit locker and Dutchman axles spinning Mickey Thompson Pro Sportsmans 31 x 18.5 x 15 on 10" x 15" Centerline Satin finish Autodrag wheels. Used 3.5" Flowmaster 40 series twin-chamber mufflers welded to 3.5" "Purple-hornies" and it still rattled the windows in my house when I came home lol.
My point being I know what you went through and I can totally appreciate what an incredible job you did. I hope you get a ton of cash for the car, it was most certainly well built!

301 - 309 of 309 Posts