Chevy Nova Forum banner
261 - 280 of 309 Posts

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
5,701 Posts
Sorry to hear about your car . . . . I sure Hope everything works out well .

. . . jim

·
15,023 Posts
Glad everything is coming together to get the car repaired, Dave. I know you'll have it back to 'good as before fathers day' soon.

Bob

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #264 ·
Thanks for all your sympathy, I needed it. Finally got the E-Brake assembly restored and installed. I should have done that first, not after I peeled the door back. I'm scheduled to take the car to the body shop in two weeks, I'll post progress.

All the E-Brake parts. The black pieces are powder coated, the rest just cleaned up and put back together. New handle and new cable.

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
5,701 Posts
Well Dave , then, your color 'Red" . . . . is or should be a very easy color too match . . . . . .
which helps very much ; I hope the very best works for you . I do like your Nova .

. . . jim

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #270 ·
Well Dave , then, your color 'Red" . . . . is or should be a very easy color too match . . . . . .
which helps very much ; I hope the very best works for you . I do like your Nova .

. . . jim
The color is a factory GM color, 1998 Victory Red. We had a Tahoe in that color and loved it. I figured it would also be easy to match and I can buy factory touch up pens. Its worked well so far.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #272 · (Edited)
Now back to work. I installed the common aftermarket seat belts that are available just about everywhere and only about $25 each. I love the stock 63 belts, but they are super expensive restored. What to do? What about buying and installing 63 seat belt decals on my $25 seat belts. Looks pretty good to me.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #273 ·
Then new arm rests and bases front and rear. I found that you can use regular chrome polish to brighten up the chromes plastic bases.

And the pass door with a new door panel to replace the damaged one, and new armrests, window crank and door handle.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #280 ·
261 - 280 of 309 Posts