Chevy Nova Forum banner

221 - 240 of 246 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #221 · (Edited)
I wanted to try a little more modern headlights, hope they don't look too ricey. They work nicely but the right one flickers a little, hope its just a loose connection. The headlight bezels are used ones for now. New ones to come.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #225 ·
And, it may not sound like much, but spent the day adjusting the door and quarter windows so they roll up and down nicely, mesh with the weatherstripping nicely and the windows are even. Took forever, but a huge step and a lot of work.

·
Registered
107 Posts
terrific transformation - having pictures really helps others like me to see how things go together - just a suggestion but, you might condier putting a heavy duty on/off power switch near battery to use as a kill switch if ever there is a short - or, if will not be driven for long periods of time

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
excellent job on your nova SS. i have that same radio in my 66 but only two speakers in the back deck. i bought one of those rechargeable CD players an connected it into the AUX input. i just lay the player on the passenger side floor. it's kind nice not having to listen to all the radio adds an just music while i cruise the country roads.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #228 ·
I Was able to start in the back of the car today. Installed new package tray, rear divider and sound deadener.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #232 ·
All my door handle mechanisms had broken springs on the driver's side, so I decided to try the reproductions for 66-67. I'd read they could be used in 62-65 with minor modifications so I thought I would try. Here they are side-by-side.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #233 ·
All it took was to flatten the arm. I thought I might have to cut a section out to shorten it, then re-weld, but it works just fine banging it flat.

·
Registered
67 Nova, Nothin Special
202 Posts
Just read thru your entire build and you’ve done a fantastic job! Excellent attention to detail and love the look of your engine. You’ve got every reason to be proud...thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
961 Posts
All it took was to flatten the arm. I thought I might have to cut a section out to shorten it, then re-weld, but it works just fine banging it flat.

did the extra length not matter after pounding it out? just curious, and a very simple fix! might be able to flatten in the bench vise, too.

-Rusty

221 - 240 of 246 Posts