Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How do you mount the chrome molding and the SS badge to the glove box cover? There’s no access from the back except for the center stud of the chrome trim piece.

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks 63. I haven’t received the SS emblem yet. I didn’t remove my old moldings so I have no idea how this piece was removed. hopefully someone can chime in on how to get these mounted

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
They're held in with little plastic anchor sleeves similar to what you use in drywall, concrete, or tile.. Really tiny versions though..

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Thug. I might have luck finding some rubber slip on type caps and hopefully keeps the trim snug.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went to the hardware store and couldn’t find any rubber caps that would fit snug over the trim studs. I was thinking a dab of silicone might do the trick. Any thoughts anyone?

·
Registered
187 Posts
I don't have an SS, but when I took off the Nova emblem off the glove box door it was held on with silicone.

When I put it back, I went to a well stocked hardware and used small metal push clips. Due to the shape of the door I had to put the flat portion on a block of wood. I then used a 1/4 drive socket and used it to tap the push clips into place. Wasn't a lot of fun, but it worked.

·
Premium Member
4,600 Posts
They're held in with little plastic anchor sleeves similar to what you use in drywall, concrete, or tile.. Really tiny versions though..
the chrome is NOT held in with plastic , they ARE held in with metal barrel nuts
the emblem has tabs on the back that get mushroomed down through the holes in the back of the glove box door ( you need to remove the hinge to gain access to the holes

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
the chrome is NOT held in with plastic , they ARE held in with metal barrel nuts
the emblem has tabs on the back that get mushroomed down through the holes in the back of the glove box door ( you need to remove the hinge to gain access to the holes
You might be right on that.. I was looking at the trim bar on my 64 glove box door and might be remembering the 63 door differently then it really is.. My bad..!:turn:

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I can see where I can get to the back of the emblem by removing the hinge, but getting to the back of the chrome piece looks virtually impossible. I’ll take a look tonight and hopefully have this resolved. Thank you gents

·
Premium Member
4,600 Posts
you don't need to get the back or the chrome trim , use a plastic trim tool to gently pry the trim off the glovebox

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
you don't need to get the back or the chrome trim , use a plastic trim tool to gently pry the trim off the glovebox
SCHWABIE, I’m trying to install the chrome trim, not remove it.

Mine had little metal ones that can be obtained from ChevyIIonly.
Thanks Powderski, I’ll check out their site. If you have a p/n it would be appreciated.

Plan B is to drill through the front mounting screw hole and open up the rear hole for the speed nut. There really isn’t a way to tighten from the rear, unless the metal ones from cheviionly are press in type

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts