Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is a repost...I've tried searching and just can't find a straight answer.

My Nova doesn't have door panels currently. I need check and see is if it has the retaining strips, but my real concern is buying the repops. I've never purchased door panels before, and I'm trying to understand what "un-assembled" means. I don't see "preassembled" panels as an option for a 63 SS panel, so I'm wondering if the "un-assembled" repops are missing parts or what else I may need to purchase in order to actually install them. Just trying to not have any surprises when it comes time to install them.

This would be for both the door and the rears. Thanks!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Where are you looking? I got mine from chevy2only. They needed the clips and the trim on top and bottom to hold them in place.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In my long winded question, I guess that's what I'm asking...what do I need?

I have a 63 Nova SS (that's means coupe I assume) with red interior. I'm looking for the panels and what ever I need to install them. I know I do not have the clips, just need to see if the trim is there but I think that's missing too.

Do the repop panels only come with vinyl material, or are they already attached to a backing board? I also noticed the "un-assembled" ones seem to have extra material on the sides. Why is this?

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
In my long winded question, I guess that's what I'm asking...what do I need?

I have a 63 Nova SS (that's means coupe I assume) with red interior. I'm looking for the panels and what ever I need to install them. I know I do not have the clips, just need to see if the trim is there but I think that's missing too.

Do the repop panels only come with vinyl material, or are they already attached to a backing board? I also noticed the "un-assembled" ones seem to have extra material on the sides. Why is this?
You need the panels which come ready to install but you will need 4 small clips for each door. You will need the chrome retainers that attach to the door which hold the top and bottom of the panel. The extra material may be for the sun visors but that uselly comes with the headliner not the panels.

This should be what you need. I'm thinking you may have been looking at door panel covers.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DII-Inner-Door-Panel-Molding-LH-/360564536536?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model:Nova&hash=item53f35234d8&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DOOR-PANELS-NOVA-63-CHEVY-II-SS-F-R-US-MADE-PUI-BLACK-/160886366708?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model:Nova&hash=item25759321f4&vxp=

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevelle-Camaro-Nova-Door-Panel-Insert-set-W-Clips-/120747022651?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c1d15593b&vxp=mtr

·
Premium Member
7,437 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
I went the way Tony has said. Covered panels he stainless and clips. One stop shop at the link Tony provided.

That site is good at listing other parts that are or may be needed.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow. Thanks guys for the info! Even though this is my 2nd Nova, it's the 1st time I'm looking into buying things like this since my previous was mainly a drag car. The only place I knew to look was Classic Industries. I really appreciate the links.

Since we are on the topic of interior, is this same site (parts123) a good place to get carpet as well?

·
13,690 Posts
I have a 63 Nova SS (that's means coupe I assume) with red interior. I'm looking for the panels and what ever I need to install them.
The 63 SS was both coupe and convertible. If you have an SS coupe, be sure you are getting coupe panels. The rear side panels in a convertible are different. There are also other parts that frequently show in ads and catalogues as common to both coupes and convertibles when they are not. Two examples would be door sill plates and U jamb seals, which are different. Be specific when ordering and you should be okay.

Bob

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Bob & Tony...I'm really learning a lot with this site...what a great board!

So I take it I should stay away from anything that's for a "2 Door Sedan", right? Is that a post car?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts