Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
My name is Bobby I just picked up a 63 SS Convertible. She needs a bit of work, but it's about 80 percent complete. I need Side mouldings and rocker panels. Im trying to figure out exactly what parts are not made anymore.

What exactly I need to look for in the classifieds or junkyards.

·
Banned
3,991 Posts
I know you can buy the rocker panels and trim repops - but I'm not sure about the side mouldings specific to the SS. I will check my links tomorrow when I get back to the office. :yes:

Cheers, Tim

Hello,
My name is Bobby I just picked up a 63 SS Convertible. She needs a bit of work, but it's about 80 percent complete. I need Side mouldings and rocker panels. Im trying to figure out exactly what parts are not made anymore.

·
13,706 Posts
Hey Bobby! I'm another Bobby with a 63 SS convertible, except mine is all done. I've had it since 1992.

Are you needing rocker panel trim or the actual rocker metal? The rocker trim is reproduced as is the peak trim (top of the fenders and doors). The mid body mouldings are not. These mouldings on the SS are the same as the 63 Nova 400 convertible and 2 door hardtop, except the painted portion is silver (exclusive to the SS). The actual SS trim is hard to find and pricey when you do. Nova 400 mouldings will work, but you'll have to refinish the painted part in argent silver.

Bob

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SS Trim

Bob,

Ya I need the SS Trim Moulding for the Driver side, and Also the Rocker Panels, although I think Im gonna try and stay away from Repo Rocker Panels and go with the Original Ones to get a better fit.

Im trying to decode the ACC options on my Cowl Tag, I know there is the Nove Resource Site, but they dont exactly go in order right. I read that the factory made mistakes on the cowl, and the VIN supersedes.

But in my case Im trying to find out what options my car had.
ACC is F2CM3Z

I saw another convert SS with this code on the net, but have heard from the owner as to what they are.

Im hoping someone here will be able to tell me.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rocker Panel

I need the actual Chrome piece of the Rocker Panel.

Send me your email and I will attach Pics of my car.

·
Premium Member
4,598 Posts
Hello,

what side trim are you in need of exactly ?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Options on cowl and trim

Regarding the Options I do have a dash pad on there.

The F2CM3Z was throwing me off. Its not in order as in nova resource.com

As for the SS Trim I need it is the Driver Side, fender, door, driver qtr panel

·
Registered
49 Posts
63 Nova SS convertible side trim

Congradulations on your find!!! I also have a 1963 Nova SS convertible, and I need the same parts that you do. This was a very special car, because it is the only year of SS to have beltline trim. It was also the only year Chevy made a Nova SS convertible. The peak mouldings (the strips of chrome that run on along the top of the car from front to back and wrap around the outer tail light cove edges) are reproduced by Year One and many other parts suppliers. The lower Rocker panel mouldings are reproduced by many other part suppliers also. The trim that goes around the tail light cove is also reproduced. I would suggest Trim Parts for all the things I listed above. However, The beltline trim is not reproduced, and it is very hard to find, although it is possible. The beltline trim was basically the same on SS and none-SS novas:(except the four doors) but the none-ss cars had a portion of the trim painted white (from about the middle of the door to the rear quarter). The trim was the same on the hardtops and convertibles. This paint can be removed, and it can look identitcle to SS trim. So i would suggest searching the local junkyards, flea markets, and ebay. If you have any more questions just ask. Would love to see a picture of your car!!:yes:

Good luck!
Bobby

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would post a pic but im not sure how. Car needs some work, but its got a lot of potential. It also has a powertop.

If you have an email let me know, and i will send you a pic that way.

Thanks,
bobby

1 - 10 of 10 Posts