Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I ordered a part from Classic Industries which was listed as a back glass "sport coupe" weatherstrip for 62-65 Nova (part# K4036). Unfortunately it's totally wrong.

I have a '63 SS Coupe, anyone know the right part number or place to purchase? I need "everything" to put in the rear window, right now I just have the bare frame and glass. :)

Thanks for your help!
Matt

·
Premium Member
7,437 Posts
If it was the sedan style., it would not fit the glass all the way around it....

What are you meaning by "no where near as deep" ????

Try turning it around...(inside-out)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
ok, I returned the other part and got a new one from Chevy2Only

I bought this : http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb...~S2RL17O7E476103123721a~Z5Z5Z5~Z5Z5Z50000132A

Here is the problem, it just doesn't seem to fit the car. The seal leaves a huge gap in the bottom, and doesn't fit over the channel (well, if it does it would recess the window by about 1" and appears to not fit correctly.

Any idea what is going on? I own a 1963 Nova SS. Am I being retarded?

·
Premium Member
7,437 Posts
This what I was refering to in Post #5.........

It looks correct., just "inside-out" as the others indicated above.......:yes:

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
don't forget to install the clips first before installing the b/g...
I am about to have this done on Monday. Do the new clips just sit in the channel, or do they snap on? The original clips were attached with screws, but I seem to remember something about the new clips being different?

hahaha... ok so I am retarded. Dinner time then i'll reverse it. :)
Were you successful at last?

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
only the 4 corners had screws on mine, the rest just snapped in over the channel. I think i used 28 in total.

·
Premium Member
7,437 Posts
Greg.... Be aware.....
Seems as if there are some variances in this.... As Ryan said above., his had some that had screws. The car I have now., did not have any screw-type ones., but I have had cars that did. Also- I have seen two different sizes of clips used. A larger version of clip on the top stainless., and a smaller version on the bottom pieces....
Also a version that takes the same size clips all the way around.....

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
Greg.... Be aware.....
Seems as if there are some variances in this.... As Ryan said above., his had some that had screws. The car I have now., did not have any screw-type ones., but I have had cars that did. Also- I have seen two different sizes of clips used. A larger version of clip on the top stainless., and a smaller version on the bottom pieces....
Also a version that takes the same size clips all the way around.....
I'll take a closer look, it could be that mine only had screws in the corner. As for the different size clips, if the molding lip snaps into the clip, that's all that matters, right? Any way we could run into trouble here?

·
Premium Member
7,437 Posts
Well...... I couldn't find anyone that carried the smaller version of the clip. I ended up buying more than enough of the "generic" style from Chevy2Only (prior link) and buzzed off a tad of the edge of those type to make them work.....(So that was/would be the alternative)
A friend's '63 SS used all the same size with no problem...... :)confused:)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts