Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63 SS convertible 67 SS 4 spd
1,059 Posts
I saw that this afternoon. I didn't put it together that it was his. It is a beautiful car and that seems to be the place to sell a car right now.

·
Registered
71 Posts
And the link to the build:

Lots of fine detail. chevy2inreno, thanks for taking the time & trouble to do all this for the SNS community.

Jim

·
Registered
1963 Hardtop W.I.P.
683 Posts
Is a great car. Looks like the product of a long-time search for quality used/NOS parts, too, like someone cared about the build. Hope you do very well.
Not trying to diss this car at all. It's a great car. He does great work, things I cannot do, but if you read his build thread he did end up using some repo parts, some trim and interior chrome, off the top of my head. Again very nice car and worth asking price.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I tried using the best parts available at the best price point. For instance, its hard to beat the price and quality of the reproduced 1963 grill and SS Peak trim, but the reproduced rear view mirrors and visor mounts are supposed to be iffy. NOS visor mounts are still affordable, but an NOS 1963 grill and NOS SS Peak trim is quite a bit more than repo, or finding nice originals and having them polished.

Yup, the car sold for $35,500. I think I paid $99 to list it. Less than the appraisal, but a decent price. Its going to a Dealer in Fort Worth, Texas. His auction fees were around $1,700 and he'll have to pay to ship to Texas, so he must see quite a bit more money in the car that it sold for on BAT.

But, the car sold for a decent price to me and I can move on to the Self race car restoration, so I'm not disappointed. Hope he can make some money too.

BAT seemed to work well for me and better than Ebay. I think it ended with about 6,000 views and almost 600 watchers, better than what I would expect from Ebay.

I'll provide an update on the payment and delivery process when they happen.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts