Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after searching for a set of rocker moldings for my 64 and not having much luck i went ahead and bought a set for 63 saw several cars at the nationals running 63 moldings on their 64 looked good my question is can anyone tell me the correct location to mount the clips that the moldings hang on. the moldings i bought have plastic clips that came with them i think 6 on each side question is how far down do i need to drill from door edge to mount the clips. thanks for any replys

·
Premium Member
4,125 Posts
Plastic clips???? That's not how they go on my '63. The top of the rocker panel hangs on a rail that screws to the body and the lower edge of the rockers are attached with sheet metal screws right into the underside of the body.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats factory style these are reproductions they have plastic hangers and screw at the bottom.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Like to know where the clips attach should say how far down from top of rocker to screw for plastic clip. Don`t want to just start drilling holes .

·
Premium Member
7,761 Posts
I think the factory-style metal rail will work with the aftermarket rocker mouldings too.

I would have got the '62 rockers for a '64. The 63s look good too though, I just think the '62 rockers without the paint between the ribs looks more like the original 64s did.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone else know where to drill for mounting plastic hanger for rocker moldings ???

·
Premium Member
4,125 Posts
I can get you the spacing for the holes to mount the stock rails, tomorrow. Will that help?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Don`t know if that would help since i have the reproductions but if its not any trouble post up the measurements. Thanks,

·
Premium Member
4,125 Posts
Will do when I get home this afternoon.

Chuck

·
Premium Member
4,125 Posts
Okay... Here's what I came up with: The holes are 1" down from the seam on the rocker. The first hole is located on the fender (no seam, but on the same line) and is 1.5" in from the edge of the opening. The next hole is 14.5 inches from the hole in the fender. The rest of the holes are approx. 14.5 inches on center going all the way back to the rear wheel opening (6 holes total).

I hope this helps.

Chuck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts