Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I may have the incorrect rear seat in my car.
My car is a 2-door and the seat appears to be from a 4-door car.

Can someone verify that the seat pictured below is not correct?

Also, if I find the bottom part from a 2-door car, will the back of the seat match up or is that going to be different too?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I am at work and the picture does not come up here. But if the corners of the seat are round, it is from a 4 door. All 2 door rear seats from 62-65 have square corners and should be interchangeable.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
seats

Yes, the corners are round. So the bottom section of my back seat is wrong. Thanks for verifying.

Now, Is the BACK of the seat the same for both 4-door AND 2-door?
If I can find just a bottom of a 2-door seat, then I can keep the back of the one I have, but if they are not interchangable, then I will need to find a complete back seat for a 2-door.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
The seat backs(top) are the same. I picked up a 4 door rear seat for another 2 door project I have and was thinking of welding some a little extra frame onto the round corners of the 4 door seat. I have a 2 door rear seat to use for comparison, but havent taken the covers off to see what the difference between the two are underneath.

If you can find the bottom seat frame you should be good to go. Personally I dont think it looks that bad, and not to many people will be able to tell the difference anyway.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks skrymir for tin info on the back part of the seat. that will help. and you are right about anyone noticing. heck, i didn't even notice when i bought the car but now i know.
i'd really like my car to have the correct seats. also, my new upholstery will only fit the correct seat, so i'll just have to find the right one to replace the one i have.

thanks.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks.
That's a perfect example of what mine DOESN'T have.
I'm now in the process of searching for a correct back seat frame for my car. I'm already re-upholstering, so it doesn't matter what shape the seat is in, as long as it's structurally sound. So if you know anyone with an extra, or a 4-door car with the incorrect seat, let me know.

thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts