Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if rubber gaskets (or "inserts") are made for 63 rear bumper guards? I have seen some rubbers for later years, 68-72, etc.

There is a gap between the bumper and bumper guard with mine and I am thinking there must be a rubber insert to take up that gap.

Thx.

·
13,715 Posts
There are no gaskets for 1st and 2nd generation Chevy II bumper guards. Do you have a reproduction bumper or reproduction guards? There have been problems with original guards fitting repop bumpers and vice versa. Also, rechromed bumpers and/or guards can sometimes create problems depending on the thickness of the plating.

Bob

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, thanks! The bumper guards I have are claimed to be NOS (no box)...they look like they could be NOS with the "aged" look of the mounting studs. Not sure about the bumper. The car was rear ended in the last 20 years so the bumper has been replaced.

The guards fit real snug on the bottom half, and then start opening up gradually to about a 3/16-1/4" gap at the very top of the bumper. It doesn't look that bad really, and not noticeable from a distance....but....seems like they could fit better....

·
Registered
788 Posts
I tried to fit an original bumper guard on a repo bumper and it was a no go. The repos look like originals to the naked eye but, have different profile.

My conclusion is if you want a bumper guard in the rear, you must rechrome your original bumper! Ouch! Much more expensive than a repo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts