Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a huge poster, more of a lurker/reader, but figured I'd share the 63 I've been building the past year or so. This car WILL see street time, but it will also be a weekend bracket car. Initially the goal was 9.99 1/4 but that quickly changed to 8.99 and 150+ traps on motor the more I got into it. I've owned the car over 2 years now, sat in the garage for a year before I got off my butt to get going. I'll stop the blabbering and post some progress pics. Clean title, also have the vin plate to attach to the cage when all is said and done. Enjoy and ask away!

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you! It will have a 20G fuel cell (80-100 mile range roughly) so it can be driven locally without much hassle. I know this isn't a car I'm taking on a day trip, I like my heated/air conditioned leather too much LOL

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Sounds like it should move out pretty good. Doesn’t take much to get these little cars in the sub 9s and 8s.
Hoping so. Motor was previously run in a 2250# dragster which all out was putting down mid 7.90's @ 169-170. Should be making right at 900hp or so. I may throw some nitrous at it eventually but I'm sure I'll have my hands full out of the gate getting this dialed in. Target weight is 2800 w/ driver to meet super street specs, if its lighter I'll add weight when needed.

Very nice job. How do you like the fit of the Chassisworks rollcage? Is it chromoly? Keep the pictures coming please.
The chassisworks kit fit VERY nice. Very little trimming/modifications were required. It's a mild steel cage. Couldn't justify the additional cost in material and time required to build a bracket car that will likely never see anything faster than 8.50. If I get a wild hair I'll throw a funny car cage in it and try for 7.50's in the future.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Couple of more questions if you don't mind. I'm just about to cut out my floorpan to install an Autoweld full chassis. How much did you brace the interior of the car before you cut out the floor? And are those 2 x 4 tubes welded to the rockers? Mine shows to weld 1/8" plates to the rockers and weld the outriggers to that.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
The cage and back half was completed prior to cutting the floor out aside from anything that needed the be welded to the frame to keep the body from twisting. We cut just enough out of the front and read of the floor pan to run the connectors across to land the front bars and back subframe for the 4 link off the rails. if that makes sense.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Time flies when life gets you busy. Thought i'd throw some updates up. The car is back at my place now for disassembly/paint/powder/final assembly of suspension/brakes, etc.

Engine is basically done and ready to drop in. Headers are done and coated. Hoping to make some noise in the next couple months and start the motor in the car.

Chassis and cage should all be painted by thanksgiving and my front end should be here not too long after that as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 word- RADMOBILE
Thank you!

Very nice build , if it's going to see some street time are you running a spool or locker in the rear ?
It will be a spool. Most of the street driving it will see is to a show here and there or a quick trip up the street for some ice cream. Not something I'd hop in to run errands and leave parked at Costco

1 - 20 of 26 Posts