Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an aftermarket ac set up in my 63 deuce, and i want to put back in the original underdash unit. i have this unit now, but was wondering if anyone out there can tell me if and when you have this original ac setup, does the standard heating set up go in as it normally wood, or do i need to do something different. any advice or help would be great.

thanks

·
Premium Member
4,600 Posts
a/c heater system is different than that of a non a/c :yes:

·
Premium Member
4,600 Posts
the blower motor, heater resistor and case are a/c specific ..best thing to do is get an 1963 Chevy II/Nova assembly manual for all the correct info.

the case has extra ventilation holes and on the other side is a cooling tube for the a/c only blower motor

you can see the difference in the brackets here

·
Registered
987 Posts
I cant figure out this picture thing so I will try to describe. If you are going for completely original, there is a 90 degree rubber tube that connects to the tube seen under the blower hole seen in 63novassrt's photo number 3 and connects to the bottom of the blower motor. The hole is centered in the dimple in the firewall directly under the blower motor hole. I believe it is a 1" dia. hole. I am not certain what its function even is, cooling perhaps.

The dimples are also in the firewall where the condenser lines are to come through, but if you already have a/c they are probably knocked out. I was fortunate enough to find a 4 door in a junkyard that had all of the equipment, so I took everything that touched the a/c system.

I have a 1963 chevrolet accessory installation reference manual that I can scan and email if you'd like.

·
Registered
987 Posts
I said the condenser lines but I meant the evaporator lines. Also the original dryer canister is the skinny one and it mounts to the two bolts that hold the spring/shock cover on the passenger side subframe.

Nice pics by the way 63novassrt

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I cant figure out this picture thing so I will try to describe. If you are going for completely original, there is a 90 degree rubber tube that connects to the tube seen under the blower hole seen in 63novassrt's photo number 3 and connects to the bottom of the blower motor. The hole is centered in the dimple in the firewall directly under the blower motor hole. I believe it is a 1" dia. hole. I am not certain what its function even is, cooling perhaps.

The dimples are also in the firewall where the condenser lines are to come through, but if you already have a/c they are probably knocked out. I was fortunate enough to find a 4 door in a junkyard that had all of the equipment, so I took everything that touched the a/c system.

I have a 1963 chevrolet accessory installation reference manual that I can scan and email if you'd like.
that would be awesome if you could scan those items for me, my email address is [email protected]

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the blower motor, heater resistor and case are a/c specific ..best thing to do is get an 1963 Chevy II/Nova assembly manual for all the correct info.

the case has extra ventilation holes and on the other side is a cooling tube for the a/c only blower motor

you can see the difference in the brackets here
thank you for the pics, i will check what i have, and see if i have to get anything else. i do have (2) complete systems, just making the best of the 2 to make one good one.

·
Premium Member
4,600 Posts
the rubber tube connects from the heater housing to the blower motor for cooling therefore the blower motor is a/c specific and is a heavier duty unit.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
that is great, thanks for all the pics and info. i will have to see what i have. i have a complete set,up. hopefully i have all this stuff

1 - 12 of 12 Posts