Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a front disc conversion for my 63, but I want to retain the stock 13" 4-lug wheels...does anyone know of a kit for this? I know it's oddball, but I want to keep it as stock as possible without having to depend on scary front drum brakes!

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
advice fr.rudy

Talked to Rudy @ Modern Perf. He said find a set of 14" SS (4-lug) fr.63 (or early Mustang 14" 4-lug), and there are lots of kits for that-- thanks for sending me Rudy's way!

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
So, you have to realize that 14”, 4 lug, SS wheels were only available on ‘63ss cars.. That’s only one year of production to search for a pretty rare set of at least 4 matching wheels.. If you converted to 5 lug hubs you would have many more options to choose from.. In ‘64 then whole line up of models went to the 5 lug pattern and you can still find 13, 14, and 15 inch wheels to suit your needs..

I would suggest you choose a disc brake kit and it will most likely be a 5 lug as that is way more common.. Then you can swap to a later 5 lug axle or drill your existing axle to match the 5 lug front..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts