Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am putting disc fronts on my 63 nova and a 67 rear end to change to 5 bolt pattern. I want to use 195 x 15 on the front and rear. Will there be any problem if I use the rally type wheel that I see on sale all the time? I will be changing the upper and lower arms on the front. plan on using the CPP stuff.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
You shouldn’t have any problem with that width of tire but there are a couple of crucial details you haven’t mentioned yet.. What are the wheel specs and what aspect ratio are the tire you intended to get.. Wheels are standard 4.25” backspacing if you should be ok. If you can get 4.5 or 4.75” backspacing you’ll have the ability to run a wider tire..

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
63 Nova

Thanks, I have your photo on my computer as it is great showing what I need. I have no idea of the backspacing on the wheels I got, is there a way to measure it? I would like to put 215 on the back and 195 on the front but it is not really important. I just dont want to do all of this and then have the dam tires rub.
What wheels are you running as they look like the ones I got.?
You do have a cover for your flywheel right? A buddy of mine ran like that for 11 years with no problem until he went on a side street and jammed a metal bar into the opening and destroyed his flywheel, starter and cracked the tranny at the pan.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I have 215/60/15 all around in the picture above. I get a little rub in the back going around corners annoying but not terrible.. If I had a little more back space it would be all clear 4.5-4.75”. My wheels are 15x7 with 4.25” backspace. I’m probably going to have some wheels made to correct this issue l. Also, my car is lowered so that doesn’t help with the rubbing.

You can measure the backspace with a tape measure and a straight edge of some kind. On the back side of the wheel measure the distance from the center hub where the wheel mounts to the outside face of the bead area.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts