1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[I[IM
G]http://i71.ph
i71.photobucket.com/albums/i156/bbqrat/novamotor.jpg[/IMG]]
THANKS Nightshade for the lesson. Hope to post a few more pics.

·
Premium Member
11,467 Posts
Very nice! (hint: keep width of pic to 900-950 pixels and it will fit the screen better ;) )

Dan (who hopes his 63 will look that good someday):D

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Nice ride. I cropped the picture and made it 640 width (which is the max width we can upload from our computer).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
63 wagon pics

[IM[
IMG]
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i156/bbqrat/novadr.jpg[/IMG]G]

I am new at sending pictures, thanks 66 Canso for chopping the original down to size, I hope the new pics are smaller. I purchased the Nova in Edmonton, Alberta from it's original female owner in 1986 with just 34,000 miles on the clock. It has just over 37,000 now.
Over the many years the transformation started. The 6 cylinder was swapped for a 327-350 3 speed automatic,Headman Headers, 4 barrel 650 cfm Holley carb, power front disc brakes, power steering , rear window and rear radio antenna. I added an original SS console, B&M cable shifter, 5 lug rear end, Flowmaster exhaust and Cragar SS 14" rims. The stock front coils were cut to give it a great looking stance and improved handling.
The bucket seats are from a Chrysler wagon ( $20.00 ea from a pick -a -part) and not a mark on them. The padded dash has a '64 SS guage cluster and chrome trim, Autosound stereo, parking brake alarm and a Grant signature steering wheel.

·
Registered
209 Posts
[I[IM
G]http://i71.ph
i71.photobucket.com/albums/i156/bbqrat/novamotor.jpg[/IMG]]
THANKS Nightshade for the lesson. Hope to post a few more pics.
Very nice wagon. Cragars look sweet. You should drop the tail a couple inches as well. Looks good!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Diggin through old threads and found this, nice ride !! I love the Cragars, what size wheel/offest/tire combo is that?

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
rims

14 X 6 on the fronts with enough back space for discs, 14 X 7 on the back. I will get back to you with tire size..

·
Registered
28 Posts
rat your wagon looks stunning.I like it jacked up in the back i wouldnt change a thing ill bet it goes as good as it looks.Timbuk

·
Super Moderator
4,006 Posts
rat your wagon looks stunning.I like it jacked up in the back i wouldnt change a thing ill bet it goes as good as it looks.Timbuk
Concur. Ride height just right, and it matches the whole mojo: era correct wheels, all the trim, mild mods. Besides, if you do put any people or things in the back, you'll want a little suspension travel.

Beautiful wagon, and I don't seem to see many in a true red like that, whatever Roman Red was for '63 Novas. Beautiful wagon!

·
Premium Member
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
wagon

I appreciate your kind remarks Ally, new stuff added since that picture.
My son Jim now owns this and has added an Air Ride system, engine upgrades, new black carpets and leather buckets .
I did not keep the luggage rack, just didn't like the look.
Jim installed the system himself, pumps located in spare tire cavity.
New American rims , side exhaust with electric dumps.. Sounds awesome
coming down the driveway.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts