Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as I mentioned my 63 has the 250 in it with the power glide trans. After reading a lot of posts, it seems the 200 R4 is preferred over the th350. My questions are what t.c do you recommend, I am thinking about swapping out the factory intake and single barrel with either an offy intake or what I found on 12 bolt.com...either way I am thinking about the 4bb carb I have that was going to be for my 62 cutlass. It is a quick fuel with elec. choke and only 450 cfm. Would the carb be too big for the car as it sits now, or wait until I get ready to drop in the 200 R4. Also will the 200 R4 bolt right on to the 250 or do I need an adapter plate? Will the drive line need to be swapped out due to length? saw a few posts for cross members, what about the floor shifter? Sorry for all the questions.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I think you're on the right track. 250 has the same bellhousing as a SBC/BBC so as long as you buy a 200r4 that bolts behind a 4.3L/SBC you will be good. I'm sure the 450 cfm carb will require some tuning, but should work. You will likely need to shorten the driveshaft and mod the shifter and crossmember. I thought someone made a shifter that works for the 200r4.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think you're on the right track. 250 has the same bellhousing as a SBC/BBC so as long as you buy a 200r4 that bolts behind a 4.3L/SBC you will be good. I'm sure the 450 cfm carb will require some tuning, but should work. You will likely need to shorten the driveshaft and mod the shifter and crossmember. I thought someone made a shifter that works for the 200r4.
Shiftworks makes the shifter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts