Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody, my name is Paul, I live in Tracy CA and I purchased a '63 Nova SS last month, it's in a lot of pieces but I got just about all the parts the previous owner had been collecting for 10 years so I don't need to buy or hunt for much. I'm looking for some good used fenderwell headers to fit the 350 SBC, let me know if you can help with any suggestions for finding a pair of fenderwell headers. The car is an X code sport coupe born in Oakland CA. From what I have learned, the Oakland CA SS cars were X code not Z code like LA and other plants. I'm going to make it a 60's straight axle gasser with drum front brakes. I've got the correct bellhousing and M20 Muncie with correct shifter. I can't wait to get the bucket seats recovered and install the original 4 speed consol. Can anyone tell me where to go in CA to get interior plastic parts re-chromed like the speedometer bezel. Looking forward to hearing from you gearheads with other gasser style Nova's.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
you have come to the right place... welcome and crongrats...... you can purchase a new gauge cluster bezel from walt anders www.classicnova.com

he comes down to visit each goodguys show and is a major sponser of our annual nation all Nova show here in pleasanton,ca on labor day!

check us out on the south western region here on this awesome site!

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
welcome to Steve's Nova Site!! Always glad to have another 63 owner here!! BUT........................................................................................................:worthless:

:pics: of your 63 project!!

:ragtop:

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
:waving:Welcome from Wisconsin! Glad to have you with us.

·
Premium Member
5,544 Posts
Yes please show us some pictures!'

Check this link out for some inspiration!
(it's my favorite thread!:D:cool::cool::cool:)

stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165206

Mark

Oh and welcome!

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
Hi everybody, my name is Paul, I live in Tracy CA and I purchased a '63 Nova SS last month, it's in a lot of pieces but I got just about all the parts the previous owner had been collecting for 10 years so I don't need to buy or hunt for much. I'm looking for some good used fenderwell headers to fit the 350 SBC, let me know if you can help with any suggestions for finding a pair of fenderwell headers. The car is an X code sport coupe born in Oakland CA. From what I have learned, the Oakland CA SS cars were X code not Z code like LA and other plants. I'm going to make it a 60's straight axle gasser with drum front brakes. I've got the correct bellhousing and M20 Muncie with correct shifter. I can't wait to get the bucket seats recovered and install the original 4 speed consol. Can anyone tell me where to go in CA to get interior plastic parts re-chromed like the speedometer bezel. Looking forward to hearing from you gearheads with other gasser style Nova's.
welcome to the there abunch of us out here manteca,tracy,modesto post some pics of youre ride denny:yes::yes:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Welcome to this addicting site:D
My first car was a 63 SS, got it when I was 14 it came from Oaktown CA
Now I have a 63 wagon and it also came from Los Angeles CA

I guess 63 was the most popular year!!
Have fun with it!

·
Premium Member
1963 Chevy II wagon 400
11,876 Posts
:waving: Welcome to the Site !!! :thumbsup:

Aloha, Ric

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
TO SNS PAUL , :waving:

PULL UP A SEAT AND ENJOY THE SNS EXPERIENCE! :devil:
GLAD TO HAVE YOU WITH US, ENJOY THE SITE!
:thumbsup:

:pics:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts