Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Purchased my 63 just last December. The plan is to get the running gear and suspension changed out this year and then put some miles on it. The paint and body work are very driver quality and will need to be reworked at some later time.

Car currently has chevelle disc brakes up front and drums out back. Running a 76 305 sbc and turbo 350. Rear end is 10 bolt out of a gen 3 nova.

I have rebuilt a 8.2 10 bolt with 3.73 gears and eaton posi that will be held in place by CBR leafs and single adjustable varishocks which are already ordered. Also going to do a rear disc brake conversion.

For the front I have ordered a CBR rack, upper and lower control arms and single adjustable coil overs.

I have also just purchased a 292 6 from a local junk yard and have it dropped off at a local machine shop. Talked with Mike Kirby at Sissells Automotive and he will be providing me with a reworked head, pistons, cam etc. for the build. I know that most don't go from a V8 back to an inline but I thought it would make for an interesting cruiser. This will be backed by some type of overdrive tranny just not sure if I want to go 700R4/2004R or some type of 5 speed manual.

Car is an original SS car that was black ext. red interior and a 3 speed originally.

Purchased 17" Billet Specialties Bonneville G wheels and Hankook EVO tires to replace the 14" stockers.

Let me know what you think and any advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nice wheels!! they look right at home on your car!!
Thanks! I spent a couple of months searching SNS for wheel ideas. Even then you never really know until you get them on the car. Once I get the rear springs and get it lowered down a couple of inches it should look better.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Part of my CBR order came in on Friday! I was able to get the old front suspension off yesterday and hope to start assembling the new today:D

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Progress

Finally finished with the CBR front end conversion and replacing the rear end, springs and shocks. Installed the rear disc brakes and it is now headed to the shop for new brake lines and an alignment. Looking forward to seeing how it drives with the new upgrades!

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Nice job, How come you went with CBR instead CPP, just curious Ive heard arguments for both. CBR is more expensive, but what do you get with the added $.

Great job BTW.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks great.
Thank You!

Nice job, How come you went with CBR instead CPP, just curious Ive heard arguments for both. CBR is more expensive, but what do you get with the added $.

Great job BTW.
I have no experience with CPP products to make any comparison. I am very happy with the quality of the CBR items that I purchased. Install went smooth and I did have a couple of questions and Chuck was quick to respond to them.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Going 200 4R

Decided on the 200 4R from California Performance Transmission. Talked with Art Carr and he set me up with everything needed for the conversion. It should arrive in my driveway in a week:yes:

1 - 20 of 79 Posts