Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
13,992 Posts
All 63 Nova SS's had 14 inch wheels, because they used the same SS hubcaps as on the full size 63 Impala. Can you describe these hubcaps, or post a pic?
Bob

·
13,992 Posts
speeddemon said:
there 14inch stainsless steel u can remove the centers that say ss plastic
Sorry, I got confused with your mention of 13 inch tires in the first post. These hubcaps don't get big bucks because there are quite a few around. They were used on 63 Impala SS and 63, 64 and 65 Nova SS. I had 2 good ones at a swap meet 2 weeks ago and nobody was interested in them. A good set of 4 (clean, minimum dings, good centers) might get $100 - $125. I've purchased several good ones off Ebay for $25 each. The centers are reproduced, but the rims are not.
Bob

·
Registered
226 Posts
Those same wheelcovers were also used on the 1968 Camaro SS when optional P01 wheelcovers were specified.

·
Registered
689 Posts
popular style

This 63 SS wheel cover was used on several models including my 65 Nova SS but mine had black rings on the edges where they used a matte chrome look for the 63 Impalas. I know the ones on the Cameros were also black ringed. Did the 63-64 Nova SS use the black or matte chrome rings?

·
13,992 Posts
Greg McMillan said:
This 63 SS wheel cover was used on several models including my 65 Nova SS but mine had black rings on the edges where they used a matte chrome look for the 63 Impalas. I know the ones on the Cameros were also black ringed. Did the 63-64 Nova SS use the black or matte chrome rings?
Greg, the 63/64 Nova SS had the matte finish rings...which peels off easily. Did the black stay on any better?
Bob

·
Registered
689 Posts
About the same

I had the original set with my 65 SS and they weren't too bad. Mostly it seemed the black was just worn through in a lot of places. Probably just thin spray when they were new. They had a lot of dings in them so I bought another set from EBay and they were about the same. I took mine and taped them off well and lightly sand blasted the black areas then painted them with SEM trim black. They look fantastic and match one NOS cap I bought. I have no problems with it coming off now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts