Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my rear end Identifier is "GM6 3790614" which I think is 62 - early 63 Nova OE rear end... the same was found on this thread link. In fact, the car is a 63 Nova Conv,.. so seems is all correct.

The question is: where can I find the original rear Axle flange bolt offset size for that? I am measuring mine and they seem to me to be non-symmetrical top 3 3/8, bottom 3 1/4 sides 2 1/4, center diameter 2 7/8. so, I would like to find the spec to be sure.

to tell you the end game, I have disc brake conversion kit going in and of course was stumped when the bracket adapters didn't fit worth a $hit! (they fit late 63/64,,,) So, really, the rear end has been good... why change, I just need the bracket adapters to fit to put in good brakes!

All comments appreciated, matt

20191201_125658.jpg

·
Super Moderator
3,845 Posts
These rear ends are funky and 2 years only. The center pumpkins cross over to other Chevrolets, but the axles and ends don't as far as I know. Rear disc brake conversion brackets for your calipers? I think it's custom fab time for that, and have never seen discs adapted to these rear axles. I'd like to hear from a member or members who have done it, as I'm sure someone must have. Big advantage in your having 14" wheels for your SS, I would think.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts