Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning the LS1 brake upgrade for a gen 1.

How do I know what brake booster to buy, do I buy one specific for the 1998-2002 camaro or do I need one specific to a gen 1 nova or does it not really matter? I found a cheap master cylinder/vacuum booster on ebay but I want to make sure it will work before I buy it (not sure if I can link to it).

Thanks for any clarity on this.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
Glen has it right. On your firewall there should be a small dimple below the existing MC. That is where the factory located the third bolt hole for power brakes. Don't know if your first gen does, but second gen does have the dimple.

The gen 3 boosters used a 4 bolt bracket that is set at an angle. Won't work on your car without relocating all four holes, and then it may hit the hood with it tilted. You will also have to center the four bolts, and make sure there is a second hole in your brake pedal arm....far too much work, and wrong application.

Check MBM brakes for the booster part # PB 9029.

http://mbmbrakeboosters.com/index.p...category_id=13&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=6

Do it once, and do it right. The words "cheap" and "brakes" do not go together. This is the single most important thing on your car. Please do not take short cuts on the braking system.

T,

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
Some LS coils interfere with the stock 9 inch booster as well.Engine placement will determine this.The later LS3 style coils fit stock clip very well with a stock style booster.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do it once, and do it right. The words "cheap" and "brakes" do not go together. This is the single most important thing on your car. Please do not take short cuts on the braking system.

T,
Your point is well taken. Thanks.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Check MBM brakes for the booster part # PB 9029.

T,
Looks like this is the one I'm going with, thank's for the advice. It's really not more expensive and you can't put a price on being safe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts