Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got some aftermarket hood hinges for my car and the back arms hit the top of the firewall. Anybody ever have a problem like that? trying to figure out how they could miss that are 62's different in that regard? Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hood hinges

sorry rephrase that when hood is closed they hit the top of the firewall. lol this aftermarket stuff man

·
Premium Member
7,437 Posts
Have you tried making what little slight adjustment there is ???

1962 hinges mount differently and would not fit your '63 car. Nor are they reproduced.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hinges

I had this happen on a 69 camaro one time as well. I thought maybe I might have the wrong hinges possibly. Ive been restoring cars for 30 years seen some goofy stuff with aftermarket pieces. This is a great site btw everyone is so helpful Thank you

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
repo hood hinges

had a friend who bought some repo hood hinges for his 64 impala(same as 63-65 nova). they would not hold up the hood!!gave him a set of 50 year old nova ones and they worked fine!!!

·
Premium Member
2,014 Posts
1962 hinges mount differently and would not fit your '63 car. Nor are they reproduced.[/QUOTE]

"62 hinges are certainly different and not too good in my opinion. I have a TCI clip so it will take both styles. I got a set of the later series and they worked great. Any they were repops:eek:.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts