Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to locate a new/reman heater blower motor for my 63. The motors listed at the parts distributors are not the same, even though they are listed to fit. I have also researched the archives and had no luck. Any part numbers or sources is appreciated.

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
We used one of the new/reman ones on a 62 and it needed to be modified but could be made to work.I do not remember what was done to make it fit though:eek: Out of the box it looked totally wrong

·
Registered
250 Posts
I had the same problem, I ended up redrilling the motor's bracket with the correct holes to fit one on my 63.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They sure do look wrong. I tried to fit it into my firewall and no go. If it were not for that I would try to modify the motor. Cutting the firewall is my last choice.

·
Registered
110 Posts
blower motor

Hey, I have a blower motor box complete. It has the heater core everthing except the cable . I took it out building a drag car. If you need it I will ship for 75.00 LET ME KNOW? worked when I took it out of my 63 .

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey, I have a blower motor box complete. It has the heater core everthing except the cable . I took it out building a drag car. If you need it I will ship for 75.00 LET ME KNOW? worked when I took it out of my 63 .
Thanks for the offer racecar but all is fine except the blower motor

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Two wires. Positive and negative. Simply ground the neg. to a suitable location.
The important factor involved with the Partsmaster motor is that the mounting studs are in the exact correct location.
Thanks Tony, awesome find, made my day and got one on order. Nice price on Amazon. Have a good Holiday.

·
Registered
4 Posts
How did it work out? It appears to be a backward fit from the photos. The studs look to be facing the passenger compartment instead of the engine bay.

·
Premium Member
7,437 Posts
It appears to be a backward fit from the photos. The studs look to be facing the passenger compartment instead of the engine bay.
^ ???

You have to remove the motor and the wheel (fan) as an assembly & then remove the fan exposing the two studs which secure the motor. The studs that you see inside the engine compartment mount the heater box to the firewall. Not the blower motor.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts