Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought this car a while back, and while it looked OK I knew the front end and motor needed some attention. After alot of research I decided that I wanted to install a TCI front clip and rebuild the 350. The rear suspension is original monoleaf and Im undecided what to do with that, but Im considering Church Boys 5 leafs and adjustable shocks.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I think you should quit while your ahead, that cars not for you. I'll come get it outta your way and save you some headache.:yes: Seriously I like it, I think I might put a pinstripe like that on my black one. Nice car:yes:

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
nice 1st gen....other options for the front include Church or CPP components. Rear suspension-wise I suggest looking at Ridetech and TCI bolt-on 4 bar kits with coil-overs. Whatever you do I'm sure it will be a hugh up-grade to the ride quality.

Frank
TO WHAT FRANK SAID, I USE THEM AND I LIKE EM, THEY HAVEN'T BEEN ROAD TESTED, BUT I CAN FEEL THEY'LL BE SOUND! :yes:
THE CBR MULTI LEAFS ARE GOOD TOO!
EITHER WAY YOU'RE GOOD....

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Looks like a solid 1st gen. I'd upgrade to brakes before anything else, duel master cylinder and front disc at a minimum. JMO :yes:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I called Church Boys today and ordered 5 leaf springs and single adjustable rear shocks. Cant wait to start putting everything back together. i also mocked up the gauges for the dash
I really like those gauges. Did you make that yourself or buy it from somewhere?

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I really like those gauges. Did you make that yourself or buy it from somewhere?
Someone took the original bezel and glued a solid piece in there. All I did was drill a few holes and mount the gauges.

Today I finished tearing down the motor. A while back the bottom end was delivered. Tommorow is time to clean the block real good before it gets rebuilt

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
A little bit of progress

Got some work done recently, I have gathered a nice size pile of new and used parts. I found the time to install the Church Boys leafsprings and Varishocks but the engine block sits on a stand waiting to be built. Im happy with the seats I picked out but I probably would have made some simple brackets to mount to the floor instead of buying theirs seperatly.

Its moving slowly but in the right direction and sooner or later it WILL get done. The lighting is a little odd so ignore the strange reflections.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Looks great, keep up the great work. How did the install of the rear suspension work out for you. Was it easy to install?

Keep throwing parts at the car and eventually it will be done.:D

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Looks great, keep up the great work. How did the install of the rear suspension work out for you. Was it easy to install?

Keep throwing parts at the car and eventually it will be done.:D
The install went well, All parts lined up perfectly and other then a quick phone call to Church Boys to verify a couple things I say not bad for a rookie.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts