1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
IT WILL WORK WITH ALL THE CORRECT BRACKETRY! :yes:

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
I know this has been answered before but can't seem to find it or has anyone done it?
Hi. Ok. Im a lil confused. The PM you sent me said you saw my 63 grille install on my 62?

So Im thinking you are talking about a stock grille VS the aftermarket grille I installed right.

The grille I bought was made for a 63 and has the correct mounting tabs that the stock grille has on a 63. So my mods of the grille to fit my 62 should be pretty close to exact as what I showed on my post that you saw. Any help? JR

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
I owned a 62 Chevy II years ago. I bought a NOS grille from my local Chevy dealer. The grille was a 1964 which is the same as a 1963 grille.

In order for me to make this grille work and look nice I had to modify the Head light bezels. A 63/64 hood has a chrome piece that fits on the front edge and adds about one inch down towards the grille. In order to fill this gap on my 62 I pushed the grille UP. The 63/64 grille is shorter than a 62 grille. Also the lower outside corners of the grille sat higher than the bezel for the turn signals. This made that corner look out of place or distorted.

Bryan

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
aw C'mon Brutha... drivin' a nice '62 Vert... stick a '62 grill in it. might cost ya a little as they are hard to find and do get pricey but... ah well... it's no biggie. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts