Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gasser style is obviously higher stance up front and lower in the rear, currently I have air shocks made by Pleasure Ride and are from the 70's

:cool:

There bouncy as hell and got to go.

Lake wood sells a 50/50 version and the there is the standard NAPA style or Monroe style that I'm sure internally is much softer then a 50/50.

Also you can clearly see there are shock extensions on the current air shock, I would have to guess at least a 3" extension.

Any comments would be great, I also know having newer shocks in the rear will calm down my bounce I get in the front from to back, almost as if my car is a teeter totter on these lovely wisconsin roads. I can't complain to much I'm driving a straight axle on the street

Thanks much !

·
Super Moderator
31,194 Posts
The Lakewood 50/50 refers to the rebound and compression, meaning they are equal, what you need to know is the stif**ess of the shock. I would bet you'd get a better ride from the Lakewood shock. The other NAPA & Monroe's are probably 50/50 as well.

The air shock certainy don't help the ride, but if the springs are to stiff front or rear this will also cause the rough ride, so if you change shocks and its still rough see about reducing the spring rates.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts