Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was one of the early buyers of the CPP mini subframe kit, which then sat in my basement for two years.

Again I will refer you to Patman's article, and NOGO's original thread for install details. It went pretty easily, since the rivets on my front strut braces were already replaced by bolts.

Idler arm conversion, billet tie rod sleeves

New shocks and springs
Roller spring perches,Poly upper arm bushings, upper arms powdercoated

Addco 1" swaybar, new upper and lower ball joints, and steering stops

Rebuilt steering box with quicker ratio gear, about 3.5 turns lock to lock.

Shock towers and upper spring perches blasted and powdercoated

·
Registered
150 Posts
Front end

yep...what he said!
Greg...I don't know much about the steering boxes...is 3.5 turns less than than stock? Did you get your stock box rebuild and modified for a quicker turn ratio? If I could ask you what's the going price on a box?
Your project is coming along very nicely!

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yep...what he said!
Greg...I don't know much about the steering boxes...is 3.5 turns less than than stock? Did you get your stock box rebuild and modified for a quicker turn ratio? If I could ask you what's the going price on a box?
Your project is coming along very nicely!
Stock is about 5.5 turns lock to lock, as far as I remember. The main thing for me was just having a rebuilt steering box. A couple years back, Wayne from National Nostalgic Nova was selling these, but only put out a limited number. I was lucky enough to buy mine from a forum member.

·
Vendor
4,084 Posts
Greg that looks real nice!! There is nothing better than assembling everything when it is all clean and new. One question with all the CPP stuff and roller spring pad I'm surprised you did not go with the Qa1 coil over conversion? Either way it looks very good.

Oh, the stock steering was 4.5 turns lock to lock I've had alot of those questions lately.

What is going to be the power plant?

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Greg that looks real nice!! There is nothing better than assembling everything when it is all clean and new. One question with all the CPP stuff and roller spring pad I'm surprised you did not go with the Qa1 coil over conversion? Either way it looks very good.

Oh, the stock steering was 4.5 turns lock to lock I've had alot of those questions lately.

What is going to be the power plant?
Thanks for everyone for the props, you guys help keep me going. :D

4.5 son the originals sounds right, thanks for that. So I gained a turn with the different gear set.

You can see the engine and trans in the engine install thread I posted in the drivetrain section last night. It's a 355 with the infamous Pro Comp aluminum heads, hyper pistons, x-rods, and Crane gold roller rockers. My cousin is a pro engine builder, modified and sprint cars usually, and he did some work to the heads.

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just cause your gonna turn the key, that doesn't mean it's done :devil:;):D
Caught that, did you? :D:D

Is yours 'done'?:devil: Do you just stand around and stare at it like Tony Stewart in that car polish commercial? :devil::devil::devil: :D

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oh yeah, and with the steering stops, be aware that... if you have the CPP front disc brake kit, the supplied brake bolts are a bit long, and stick out past the steering knuckle, they will hit the steering stops too soon. So, either cut them carefully (leave the nut on the bolt to open up the end of the cut thread), or go to Fastenal and get some bolts of the right length.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.