Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone ever done anything interesting with front headlights on a 63 nova
on my 4 dr i am thinking of going on more of a custom route and i have contemplated frenching them or useing another cars headlights but i figured i would see what has been done, i dont even know if i would like some of those ideas i am just curious
thanks

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
lights

:yes:Its real difficult to make a change, there just isn't any room. If you loose the "mud buckets" you have plenty of room but will it look better than stock. I think it would be a mistake due to how the headlight bezel fits to the hood and grill. You would have to change everything and would loose the killer look of a 63 nova.

I have planned on converting the headlights to HID, high intensity discharge. I will start with halogen lights and modify them for some HID balast and bulbs from a wrecked car. It helps when your a bodyshop estimator and damaged lights come up all the time. HID lights put out a huge amount of light and use less electrical power.

Other than that I would like to hear some other ideas. But the front end of a 63 Nova is hard to beat.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lights

i agree , it would be a different look and the bezels would be something to deal with
but i want to do something that i havent seen much of but i might have to do it somewere else

·
Premium Member
1963 Chevy II wagon 400
11,869 Posts
I've seen painted bezels like the yellow pro-street Nova on Super Chevy's " Nova Handbook". I would'nt do this but a grill change is a possible customizing idea. Good luck with that Nova.

Aloha,Ric

·
Registered
348 Posts
I myself am looking for a set of eyelids. I saw them on an orange gasser in a magazine, cant remember which one. He painted them body color, it looked good. I can't believe they're that hard to find.:cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts